The Anglican Parish Church of Chelsfield, Kent, is dedicated to St.Martin-of-Tours. The earliest parts of the current church building were constructed in the 12th century. A tower and chapel were added in the 13th century, a porch in the 15th century, the current clergy vestry in the 19th century and the Brass Crosby Rooms in 2007.
The Parish includes the Mission Church of Well Hill, built in 1890 as one of the string of Mission Churches for Hop Pickers in the Darenth Valley.
John was commissioned as Area Dean for Orpington in October 2014.
St.Martins’ is listed on the Small Pilgrims Places Network website.
St Martins is a corporate member of the Prayer Book Society and on 1 July 2012 held a Service to Celebrate the 350th Anniversary of the Book of Common Prayer and the 400th Anniversary of the Authorised Version of the Bible. The address at the service was given by Bishop Brian Castle - the former Bishop of Tonbridge - More about Prayer & Worship.